The remaining funds from the now defunct “Inverurie Strategy: Town Hall Development Group” were officially handed over to Inverurie West Church Acorn Centre recently.
Ron Reid, former treasurer of the Town Hall Development Group and former members Steve Wood and Bob Beattie presented a cheque for £1566.48 to the Reverend Ian Groves.
While in existence, the group managed to carry out some refurbishments, including the restoration of the old Burgh Council office bearers chairs which had fallen into disrepair.
As the old group’s constitution stated that “Any assets remaining...shall be given or transferred to such other charitable organisation or organisations having objects similar to the objectives of the group”.
Mr Reid told the Herald: “Effectively the West Church through the development of the Acorn Centre fulfils some of the aims of providing facilities the Town Hall group was set up to achieve so we were delighted to hand over the residue of funds to that organisation.”
The Town Hall Development Group was originally set up in 2001.