Colony Park Sunday round-up

Colony Park U15s finally got their second round Belmont Trophy match against Culter played after many postponements . With two goals in each half it was the Culter side that eased into the next round.

The Under 15 Colts met Kintore United for the third time this season and both teams failed to score producing their second draw of the season.

Colony Park U14s faced Byron Rovers on a heavy Colony Park pitch and never got into their rhythm in a poor first half.

Byron found themselves 2-0 up in 20 minutes as they punished Colony for some poor play.

The second half started more encouragingly for Colony and they had their opponents pinned back for large periods.

Colony got one goal back when Michael DONALDSON was fouled at the edge of the box and he placed the resulting free kick into the postage stamp.

Colony continued to press and with 15 minutes to go Ryan Harper was felled in the box and a penalty awarded. Unfortunately for Colony the keeper guessed correctly and made a fine save. Colony then had several good opportunities to level the match but couldn’t finish any of them.

Colony Park U13s Sunday match was in doubt with quite a lot of standing water but it went ahead and the pitch dried up as the match went on in this third round Colony Park Cup tie at Banchory.

The first half was fairly well matched with Colony probably edging it with better possession and more chances but it finished goalless at half time.

Colony started the second half stronger and were spending long periods in the Banchory half.

Unfortunately after 10 minutes, Banchory scored the first goal with a quick counter attach which was really against the run of play.

Colony continued to enjoy good possession and were unlucky on several occasions not to find the back of the net.

With 20 minutes gone, Banchory doubled their lead after another counter attack and a miss kicked clearance found their striker through on goal.

With 10 minutes remaining, Colony got a goal back when Cameron SMITH found space in the left edge of the box and he calmly chipped the keeper. This gave the Colony boys a lift and they were really pushing for an equaliser.

There were a few more chances for Colony with the best coming after some good work from Sam Robertson on the left wing, he crossed in for Bradley Yates who met it well but his shot just went wide of the post with the keeper stranded.

This was a close match and Colony really deserved more, but credit to Banchory for taking their chances.