Colony Park Sunday round-up

COLONY Park U15s met Westdyke for the first time this season hoping to get back in winning ways but with five minutes on the clock a clearance from a corner resulted in a stunning strike from Ryan Spinks over 30 yards out which left Colony keeper Tristan Ross with no chance.

Colony rallied and worked their way back into the game and midway through the first half, pulled themselves level thanks to a Tom WILLIAMS goal after a cross was not dealt with by the Westdyke defence.

After 10 minutes of the second period, Colony were reduced to 10 men but this galvanised the Inverurie team and after pressure Colony took the lead with 20 minutes remaining.

A corner from Kyle Gordon was not defended well and with his back to goal Matthew Douglas tried an audacious back heel shot which the keeper pushed into the path of Michael BEVERLEY and he pounced on the loose ball to poke home from close range.

There were chances at both ends but Colony held out to claim an important three points.

Next Sunday afternoon the Park welcome FDS97 to Davidson Park with close run games between these sides so far this season.

The Under 15 Colts met Kintore United for the fourth time this season having secured a win and two draws in the previous encounters.

After 10 minutes, a well worked move between Jay Munro and Daniel Watt released Craig HAY to break into the box and slot the ball into the corner of the net.

The Colts continued to show real determination and were rewarded just five minutes later with a goal from Greg CENTER.

WATT made it 3-0 with an excellent strike from 20 yards before Kintore pulled one back due to a defensive error. At the close of the first half, HAY grabbed his second with a tidy finish into the top corner after another quality cross from Watt.

A mixture of changes and complacency plagued The Colts for the first 20 minutes of the second half during which Kintore got three easy goals to draw the game level at 4-4.

Kintore continued to ask questions of the Colts defence however the fitness and pace of the Colts really showed in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Captain, Greg CENTER popped up three minutes from the end with a superb header from 15yards out from an excellent Munro corner.

There was still time for CENTER to grab his hat-trick with a cool finish to bring the game to a close at 6-4.

Another great win for The Colts, and once again secured in the dying minutes of the game . The Colts head to Culter on Sunday in confident mood as the season nears an end .

Colony Park U14s fell behind to Cove on 14 minutes when a corner went through a group of players and was headed in by an unmarked Cove player.

Six minutes later Colony equalized when a massive clearance from Allan bounced through the Cove defence and RENNIE hit it over the keeper from the edge of the box.

Colony took the lead when Rennie controlled the ball at the edge of the box, spun past a defender and crossed low for DUNCAN to knock in from close range giving a lead of 2-1 at half time.

Early in the second half Taylor and Green closed down the Cove defence and Green got the ball through to LINTON who chipped the keeper to score the third. Colony got their fourth when a clearance from Hepburn was beautifully controlled by G Taylor, who turned and switched the play with a great pass to the onrushing RENNIE whose shot beat the Cove keeper.

Next up for the Park 14s is a visit from Deveronvale on Sunday morning.

Colony Park U13s faced The Paul Lawrie Foundation who they had defeated in the Scottish Cup. Unfortunately the boys just didn’t get going until about 25 minutes into the match and by that time they were 3-0 down.

Colony improved after the opening period and were probably the stronger team in the second half but, not being able to convert chances into goals was their downfall. In fairness to PLF they did play better than in the cup match but Colony did not play to their capabilities. This Sunday the 13s face a tricky trip to Banchory.