Colony Park Sunday round-up

Share this article

COLONY Park U15s had to pick themselves up after dropping their first points of the season last weekend and the contrast in weather from blizzard to spring sunshine was matched in the change in performance as they systematically picked Ellon apart to record a comfortable 6-0 victory.

Two first half goals from LINTON gave Colony a half-time lead, and a DUNCAN goal early in the second half put them firmly in the driving seat. A third for LINTON and a RENNIE brace ensured an emphatic victory for the Colony side.

The U14s headed to league leaders Fraserburgh with a match on the Astroturf on an unusually mild day for Fraserburgh. Despite a DAWSON goal from 30 yards out, Colony went into the break 2-1 down. In the second half Colony were unfortunate to be reduced to 10 men when Yates who did well to cover behind Cameron and made an instinctive dive to stop a shot on the goal line. The ball struck his hand and the referee had no choice but to send him off with Fraserburgh scoring from the penalty. WATSON pulled one back with a fine free kick, but another converted penalty gave Fraserburgh at 4-2 victory in an entertaining match, which Colony were unlucky not to come away with at least a draw from a very strong performance.

The U13s had a top of the table clash with the Paul Lawrie Foundation Eagles and as expected they were given a tough test first half and found themselves 1-0 down after 20 minutes.

Seymour pulled one back for Colony five minutes before half-time. The second half was a completely different game with the Colony boys responding well to the half time discussions, and they were first to every ball and started to play the ball into the wide areas. Colony gained the upper hand and scored four goals in 20 minutes to go 5-1 up. SMITH hit a hat-trick, and SEYMOUR claimed his second of the match. It was seven minutes to go before BEATTIE struck Colony’s sixth, and PLF netted a late free kick to make the final score 6-2.

The U13 Colts travelled to Aulton to face Bridge of Don, and an extremely heavy pitch made it difficult for both teams but the Colts took the lead in seven minutes through Beverley. A long kick out from keeper Owen Michie was seized upon by Scott BEVERLEY who kept his composure under pressure to score.

The rest of the game was very even and Bridge of Don equalised midway through the second half. The Colts looked to be heading for their first point of the season when, with less than two minutes left the ball broke kindly in the box for the Don to snatch a winner