Colony stun leaders

ON Sunday Colony Park U15 Colts faced runaway league leaders Cove, who were still unbeaten and the Colts disappointingly had a really poor performance in the first half to go in 5-0 down half time, albeit some questionable refereeing decisions.

The Colts fared better in the second half, keeping a clean sheet and a goal from Craig HAY leading to the game ending 5-1 despite them being reduced to nine men in the final ten minutes .

Colony Park U14s were up against ALC Rangers, the team just behind them in the league, in another must win match.

Both teams started off looking for a quick opener and the game flowed from one end to the other.

Colony grabbed the first goal on 19 minutes when a corner from Michael DONALDSON slipped in off the keeper at the near post.

Both teams continued to press forward and it took until the final minute of the first half for Colony to double their advantage when a great through ball from Stuart Hepburn was picked up by Ryan HARPER who ran into the box and scored.

However within one minute of the restart ALC got a goal back. Both teams continued to press but it was Colony that were rewarded when Harper skipped past two defenders at the edge of the box and sent in a deep cross which was met at the back post by Ben DUNCAN who calmly side footed it into the net. With 10 minutes to go a teasing corner from Duncan was only partly parried by the keeper and Craig MACKIE tapped in for number 4.

ALC kept plugging away and were rewarded by a goal in the last few minutes, but Colony held on to win 4-2.

Colony Park U13s are finishing the season strongly having drawn with league leaders Lewis last week. They took on new table toppers Albion BC on the road with a lot of confidence from their previous two matches.

Colony started well and both teams were playing some attractive football at a high tempo. There were a few chances for both teams but it was Colony who opened the scoring after 20 minutes when the ball was cleared from the Albion box to Fraser BURNETT on the left wing. He was being closed down but hit a wonder volley with the outside of his left foot and it dipped under the bar and inside the far post.

This gave Colony an extra boost and they were looking the stronger team for the remainder of the half. With a few minutes left, Colony were rewarded for their efforts when Mitchell Cheyne sent in a dangerous corner from the left, to find Ewan COLLIE unmarked at the back post and he nodded the ball home from a few yards out to see Colony go in 2-0 up at half-time.

With 5 minutes of the second half played, Albion got a goal back and the next 10 minutes they got on top and scored twice more to make it 3-2.

The Colony boys showed a lot of character, started to play football again, and on 20 minutes were awarded a free kick on the right wing. Mitchell Cheyne swung in a dangerous cross in behind the Albion defence to find Finlay WATSON running in at the back post to finish off from five yards out.

Shortly after, Sam Robertson, made another strong run down the left wing, and he curled in a left footed cross to the front post, which found WATSON running in again to flick the ball past the Albion keeper to make it 4-3.

With five minutes remaining, Sam Robertson dribbled past two Albion defenders and then set up WATSON to grab his hatrick and make the score 5-3.

Albion pulled a goal back on the final whistle to give a final score Albion 4 Colony 5 and one of the best team performances of the season from Colony.