Colony U19s into last 16

The Colony Park U19 side who have made it through to the last 16 of the Scottish Cup.
The Colony Park U19 side who have made it through to the last 16 of the Scottish Cup.

COLONY Park Juniors took on Whitehills in Banff on a very poor surface but on an otherwise fine , spring-like day for a match.

In form Kevin BONARIUS once again put the visitors ahead after 15 minutes with a well taken goal and setting up the team for what should have been an easy afternoons football.

Despite being in control it was the hour mark before Steven HART added a second and a further 25 minutes before Calvin RODDIE scored a third.

In the 90th minute Adam MAITLAND made it a repeat of last weeks scoreline of 4-0 and the win sees Colony move to within a point of leaders Buckie Rovers with a game in hand.

Colony Park U19s faced the prospect of playing their last 16 Scottish Cup match having had no competitive game since November last year. The opposition were St Johns AFC from Perth who won their fourth round tie only last week after many postponements.

In a first half where both sides showed commitment but lacked any flow it was no surprise that there were no serious efforts on goal and neither keeper was stretched.

The second half could only get better and it was Colony who started the stronger and when Lamb swung a great ball into the box and Callum YULE headed into the bottom corner to put the home side 1-0 ahead .

Some good play down both wings again led to good crosses, one of which found captain Rory MACDONALD who doubled the lead. St Johns tried to hit back straight away and a flurry of strong tackles was followed by a string of yellow cards. This let to another scrappy spell, but when an off the ball incident led to St Johns being reduced to 10 men there was little hope for the Perth side making a comeback.

With the one man advantage Colony were in full control and when David Walls was felled in the box a penalty was awarded and ADDISON dispatched it perfectly to seal a 3-0 victory and a home tie this weekend in the quarter finals against Glenafton.

Colony Park U17s faced an away fixtures to league leaders Albion, the city side and current Scottish Cup holders had gone with 11 straight wins in the league and the potential for a perfect season was high on their agenda but Colony destroyed that hope and at one stage looked to be heading for a very significant victory after taking a 3-0 lead.

Duguid and Wood (2) were on target for Colony but an unfortunate red card for the U17s and last gasp equaliser saw the game end up 3-3.

The U17 Colts travelled to Cruden Bay on Saturday, and had to fight all the way, sometimes a little too literally to come away with the three points.

Stewart, Mitchell, Munro and Rae were on target for Colony in a 4-2 victory in a physical game that saw two penalty kicks and too many needless bookings.

The U17 Lads were in action at Davidson Park in the second round of the Raymond Kelly Association Trophy with a very strong Banchory side as visitors. The home side struggled to contain the Banchory attack and were knocked out of the competition with a disappointing 9-0 defeat.

The U16 Colts looked to continue their recent success with a home match against Culter Deeside.

Despite first half goals from Center, Watt and Grant the visitors hit back in the second half to win 4-3.