Colony U19s progress in cup

THE high scoring Colony Park U19s faced CBC Hilton in the Scottish Cup and got off to the worst possible start and some indecisive defending lead to CBC working an easy opening and taking the lead inside five minutes.

This spurred Colony into action and they created several good chances before ADDISON tucked one away after some good work on the left by Christie.

Colony then went ahead after Walls was felled in the box after some good link up play with Addison. ADDISON firing home the spot kick.

With the strong winds at their backs CBC came right back into it. Two forced changes proved to disrupt Colony and CBC were soon back level and then ahead as Colony shipped two quick goals. Then things seems to be getting worse when Reid dived in and gave away a penalty but Coutts saved the spot kick brilliantly.

Colony went up and won a free kick, which thanks to the CBC keeper managed to sneak over the line. With 3-3 at half time the second half was end to end and both sides had chances to win the game. However 90 minutes came to an end with no winner

Colony started extra time the stronger and a powerful run and through ball from Walls found YULE who hammered the ball into the back of the net for 4-3. CBC continued to probe but as extra time went into the second 15 period it was YULE again who after a mix up at the back coolly slotted the ball in the net. At 5-3 Colony then had to hang on and a mixture of last ditch defending and good goalkeeping from Coutts saw them into the next round.

Colony Park U17s had a free date with a bye to the next round of the national tournament.

The Under 17 Colts team were away to Glentannar in the league and with an understrength side were defeated 8-2 with Charlie WILSON and Billy FLORENCE grabbing the goals for the Inverurie side.

The Under 17 Lads team were due to face Formartine in the Scottish Cup but with a number of late call offs were unable to fulfil the fixture.

Colony Park U16s were at home to B league side East End and the visitors were fastest out the traps and took the lead in the first quarter when the home defence failed to clear and a shot from the edge of the box was seen late by Douglas who couldn’t prevent it going into the corner of the net.

Colony equalized soon after when a ball over the top found Ross GEDDES and he made no mistake finishing superbly. Colony took the lead before half time when Danny GERRARD controlled a cross from the left and skillfully placed it past the East End keeper.

East End were closing down Colony in all areas of the pitch and playing in a typical cup fashion chasing every opportunity and were perhaps unfortunate to be down at half time but found keeper Douglas in good form.

In the second half the visitors had the advantage of a strong wind but some of there long balls were going straight through to the keeper and with the next goal being critical it was Nathan MAY midway through the half picked up the ball on the left and a dangerous ball into the goalmouth floated over the keeper to give a two goal advantage. East End never gave up and pressed forward on every occasion with Colony having to defend and in the dying minutes Gerrard had a header just over the bar but a 3-1 scoreline was enough to see them into the next round

The U16 Colts faced a tough Scottish Cup tie in sunny Portsoy as they took on former A league champions Deveronvale. The Banffers first goal had a look of offside but the referee waved aside protests. Colony had their backs against the wall for long periods and defended stoutly against a very good Vale side and went out of the cup 3-0. Deveronvale will now travel to Inverurie to face the U16 Park side in the next round.