Colony Park U19 Colts were back to league business with the vista of Ellon Meadows to Davidson Park and two hat tricks from Luke MUNRO and Darren SMITH, plus a Billy FLORENCE goal was enough for a 7-2 win.
• It finally all came together for Colony Park U17s away against bottom side Huntly in the league after a few frustrating results in recent weeks. Ryan HARPER scored in 16th minute to give Colony the lead, but Huntly got an equaliser with 5 minutes remaining in the first half. Just on half time Fraser GILL got a second for Colony and a boost to morale. Colony took control of the match in the second half and GILL got his second to make it 3-1. Josh PROUD scored an impressive fourth from long range and Dale RENNIE got the fifth. PROUD got his brace and Colonys sixth before Drew MARSHALL rounded off an impressive display with the final goal for a 7-1 victory.
• With the Juniors at Longside Colony Park U16s had the opportunity of meeting Culter Boys at Colony Park.
There was surprise in the line up as goal keeper Morgan Cook turned out playing up front after returning from St Johnstone’s development squad showing his all-round football ability.
Culter scored twice, once from the spot, and Colony missed a penalty in the first half before
With 10 minutes remaining, Tom Riach did some good work on the right wing to create space and his cross to the front post found Cook, who was brought down by the keeper from behind and was awarded a penalty. COOK then took the penalty and placed it well into the bottom right corner to get a goal back for Colony.
Colony’s best chance for an equaliser came with almost the last kick of the match, when Fraser Cowie played a through ball to Morgan Cook whose first time shot forced a great save from the Culter keeper. Final score Colony Park 1 Culter Boys 2.
• After their great Scottish Cup exploits last week Colony Park U15s had Banchory as visitors to Davidson Park, and the vistors took the lead which was a wake up call for Colony.
Striker Adam SMITH got Colony on level terms and the first half remained fairly even until Callum TAYLOR came on as a rolling substitute and had an immediate impact scoring from close range. With the last kick of the first half Callum SEYMOUR made it 3-1.
The second half saw a display of non stop attacking as Colony scored a series of quick fire goals from Lewis BEATTIE, Kieron GILBERT, Euan DALMON and a cool run and finish from SMITH. At 7-1 with more than twenty minutes remaining Banchory rallied for a period but consecutive goals from BEATTIE completed his hat trick after Stuart SIMMOND had grabbed goal eight. Euan DALMON scored just before the final whistle for an 11-1 scoreline.
• U15 Colony Colts a had a tough time against new team South End and went down 7-0.
• Colony Park U14s were without manager Mark Fraser and had Middlefield Wasps visiting Colony Park and fought out a 1-1 draw with Andrew McWATT scoring a second half equaliser
• Colony Colts 14s had their match with Dee postponed
• It was a Batts cup tie up against Deveronvale for Colony Park U13’s, who were dumped out after the Banff side ran out 4-0 winners.
• Colony Colts 13 s had a welcome and well deserved victory against Stonehaven. Goals from Aidan RIACH, Shane McKAY and a stunning free kick from Evan ORR had the home side 3-0 ahead before Stonehaven pulled one back from the penalty spot before half time. In the second half RIACH scored twice to earn his hat trick before the visitors pulled back a second goal. Lewis EMSLIE sealed victory with a sixth goal.