Goals galore in a hectic week of Welfare League football action

In Deejays Nightclub League 1 Longside Thistle faced the in-form Faithlie United and it ended in a big win for the visitors by nine goals to two, writes Bruce Lawson.

Scorers for Faithlie were Dale Allan who netted a hatrick, Roy Noble with a brace and one each from Daniel Reid, Shaun Reid, Christopher Grieve and Mark Atkinson and for the home side was Jay Ironside and Darren Randell

New Pitsligo faced Methlick and it ended with a win for the home side by three goals to one with a brace from Michael Fraser and Peter Stewart and replying for the away side was James Gracey.

Bellslea faced league leaders Clinton Thistle and with the home side struggling to field a team, they were up against it from the start and it ended in a 10-0 win for the visitors.

In another high scoring game St Combs played hosts to Mintlaw FC and it was the visitors that ran out winners by five goals to three.

The away side took a two goal lead into the second half.

The home side were awarded a penalty on 57 mins which Nicky Tait missed then a min ute later it was 1-2 when McKay ran up the left, played inside to Dunbar who dummied for John Smith who flicked round corner to Simpson who ran on and finished from 12 yards.

Mintlaw then scored another two goals before the away keeper managed to punch into his own net. Once more Mintlaw scored before John Smith completed the scoring.

Scorers for Mintlaw were Euan Little with a brace and one each from Nicol Davidson, Sean Park and Darren Steele.

In Soccerworld Scotland League 2 Mormond Thistle entertained Elizabethan Link Up and in a match of six goals it was the visitors that won all three points winning by four goals to two. Scorers for Elizabethan Link Up were John McKinnon, Cameron Falconer, Graeme McLeman with a pen and Jordan Gauld and replying for the home side was Robertson and Dyce

Peterhead United faced League leaders Rosehearty Thistle and the away side ended up winning by scoring four goals without reply. Neil Holland with a brace and one from Kieran Moir and one from former Aberdeen and Cove Rangers player Steve Tosh and Craig Whylie

In another league game Elizabethan Link Up faced Toon side Buchanhaven Fc and the home side took a two goal lead with goals from Andy McKay but the away side hit back with two late goals from Matthew Kendall and Paul McIntosh to earn a point each.

Cuminestown faced Ardallie and it was a convincing win for the away side by eight goals to one. Scorers for Ardallie were Jamie Ingram with a brilliant 5 goals, a brace from Scott Noble and one from Jamie McNeill and for the home side was Ryan Morrison. The home side ended the match with 10 men after David Cran was sent off.

In the Ship Inn League Cup 1st Rd, Balmoor faced Panasonic for a place in the quarter finals. The visitor’s keeper Simpson had four very good saves to keep the game goalless before the visitors took the lead with a goal from Gavin Brown. A free kick from Balmoor’s Walker was palmed out and Ross Mair reacted the quickest to level. It stayed that way until the hour mark when a cross was deflected to the back post where Paul Donaldson fired into the roof of the net to end the scoring.

For full results and fixtures, visit our website.