Good results for Colony

On Tuesday (April 10) Colony Park U14s were up against a Bridge of Don team who had beaten them earlier in the season.

Colony started brightest and were moving the ball around quickly. In six minutes a Stuart Hepburn pinpoint pass split the defence and Craig MACKIE ran onto the ball shrugged off a challenge from the defender and smashed the ball high over the keeper and into the corner.

On 12 minutes keeper Brendon Allan made a huge clearance from hand which Mackie knocked on and Ryan HARPER ran onto the ball, despite pressure from a defender and the keeper slid a right foot shot between the two and into the net.

The second half continued much as the first with Colony seeing a lot of the ball but not finding the finishing touch. Bridge of Don pressed on a number of occasions and only some last ditch defending stopped them from pulling a goal back, with keeper Allan looked determined to keep a clean sheet. Another three points for Colony Park in their attempt to win promotion.

On Thursday with managers and players missing the 14s headed to bottom of the League Turriff and with goals from Craig Mackie , Dale Rennie (2) and recently returned Finlay Mathers ensuring a 4-1 victory. Only four points separate the top three in the table chasing two promotion places with three matches remaining.

Colony Park U13s on Tuesday evening went down 2-0 to the Paul Lawrie Foundation but on Sunday were in home action against Banchory Swifts for the third time in five weeks. Both teams were in need of the points with Banchory sitting bottom and Colony third bottom.

Colony started strongly and were playing some nice football but Banchory did have a five minute spell at the end of the first half where they were looking more dangerous but the half finished goalless.

The second half continued in a similar manner to the first with Colony enjoying the better possession and they were spending long periods in the Banchory half. With 10 minutes played, the first goal for Colony came rather fortunately when Sam ROBERTSON made a run down the right wing, he hit a speculative shot from just outside the box, the defender blocked it, but it rebounded off Sam’s shin and fired into the near post catching the keeper by surprise.

Colony continued to work hard to extend their lead and after 25 minutes, Lewis MARK was played through one-on-one with the Banchory keeper. He took a touch, steadied himself, and calmly slotted it past the keeper to make it 2-0.

There were a few more chances for both teams in the last 10 minutes, but the match finished Colony Park 2 Banchory Swifts 0. A well earned three points for Colony which saw them climb to sixth.