Mixed fortunes for Colony sides

HAVING had their previous match abandoned then postponed five times the Colony Park U15 side finally made the trip to Fraserburgh for the second round of the Stonehaven Youth trophy.

Colony took the lead with a near post finish by Harry STUART and had most of the pressure but against the run of play the home side equalized from a corner. Within a minute the lead was restored as Chris HAY fired in a shot that squirmed through the keepers legs and then Andrew SMART added a third before half time. Colony continued to dominate and a fourth goal ricocheted in the box with SMART claiming the last touch albeit with his back to goal. Fraserburgh grabbed a consolation goal on the final whistle but the Park go through to the next round .

The Colony Under 15 Colts met Cove at Davidson Park in the league and despite having several chances found themselves five down at the interval. The second half fared no better although Matthew TIMMINS pulled one back the Colts lost a further four goals against a very good Cove outfit.

Colony Park U14s who managed one game and a victory in January welcomed Donside having won the opening away fixture against their league rivals. The first half finished goalless, with Colony seeing a lot of the ball, but up against a well organized and hardworking Donside defense.

Colony took the lead in the 51st min with Dale RENNIE running onto a through ball, powering his way past the defender and slotting the ball past the keeper with a well placed left foot shot.

However, five minutes later Donside equalised when a free kick from well outside the box was missed by all the players and squirmed into the net.

Colony regained the lead immediately, when RENNIE won a tackle in midfield and once again used his strength to force his way into the box and beat the keeper. Donside but found themselves being pushed further back and with five minutes to go RENNIE got his hat trick in a similar fashion to his earlier goals when he ran onto a Brad Whyte long pass and slipped the ball into the corner, to make the final score 3-1.

Colony Park Under 13s hosted an unbeaten Albion side at Davidson Park and lost out by six goals to nil.