‘Seven up’for Colony Park U14s

Colony Park U14s headed to Portlethen determined to make an impact on their B league status at Nicol Park in Portlethen.

Colony started the match strongly and it was no surprise that they took the lead after just 10 minutes. Fantastic footwork in the middle of the park from Stuart Simmond led to him playing a great through ball for Callum TAYLOR who collected it well at the edge of the box and placed a high shot into the top corner past the helpless home goalkeeper.

Five minutes later Colony scored their second goal of the game this time from a great in swinging Adam Smith corner kick from which Alix CHEYNE rose high to head in. The third goal again from a great in swinging Adam SMITH corner went straight into the net.

Colony scored their fourth of the game before half time with another good sweeping move from the back through midfield and led to good wide play from Taylor who played it into the box for Adam SMITH to grab his second.

Portlethen started the brighter in the second half however a couple of key clearances from keeper Faskin ensured the home team did not pull a goal back. Colony’s fifth came after good combination play between Smith and Buxton with Adam making a good run and cross from the left for Lewis BUXTON to score from the six yard line.

Colony continued to dominate play and their their sixth goal from an Adam SMITH penalty secured his hattrick after Cheyne was felled in the box. Final goal of the game came from the hard working Yanick SUTCLIFFE who deservedly got on the score sheet after a good run and shot from Smith rebounded off the goalkeeper for him to slot in calmly into the net.

For the Colony Colts U14s it was the first home match on the GSC 3G surface and it was Stonehaven who settled into the match first hitting the home team on the break and scoring an early goal.

However the Colts responded quickly with two similar goals from close range by Aaron BOWIE following great build up play to take the lead.

The Colts then settled and despite Stonehaven having a couple of chances the home team had most of the ball with Aaron BOWIE completing his hat-trick on the stroke of half time with a cool finish to beat the keeper.

The Colts left it late in the second half to put the game beyond doubt with two great finishes, the first from Jamie REID and the second by Scott BEVERLEY both leaving the diving keeper with no chance.

The U13s Park faced a difficult trip to a sunny but breezy Fraserburgh for their first ADJFA B league match.

The game was a very tight affair for the first ten minutes until a long punt upfield from inside the Fraserburgh half put the home teams forward through on goal and he made no mistake with the finish to put Fraserburgh ahead.

Shortly afterwards they doubled their lead when a throw in from the right found its way into the box for a simple finish. The home sides third came after the Colony defence failed to clear and the Fraserburgh striker scored off the underside of the bar from an acute angle. Colony pulled a goal back right on half time when Andrew McWATT stooped to head in a corner.

The goal just before half time seemed to galvanise the away side and Colony came much more into the game, but couldn’t find the killer instinct and conceded a fourth when the Fraserburgh forward produced a fine finish from the right hand side into the far corner of the net.

Colony were not finished though and were playing some good football at this point and Daniel Strachans through ball to Logan LAWRENCE resulted in the forward slotting the ball past the Broch keeper into the far corner.

Soon after, Fraserburgh stepped up a gear and produced a fifth goal, almost identical to the fourth, which virtually killed off the game.

The Under 13 Colts had the C league opener at home against Insch and it was end-to end with the home keeper making a couple of vital stops before going behind to the visitors after only six minutes.

The Colts displayed some good positive passing football, putting Insch on the back foot and their persistence resulted in a well taken equaliser from Calum WEBSTER on the 10 minute mark.

Only eight minutes later, Colts took the lead through a Daniel MIDDLER screamer from just inside the edge of the Insch 18 yard box.

Having stretched their lead to 3-1 only 2 mins later through a well taken goal from Shaun McCABE, the Colts team then took their foot off the gas, allowing Insch to get back into the game, forcing some good saves from Colts’ ‘keeper Logan Scott.

Having ended the first half at 3-3, Colony took the lead early in the second half through an opportunist goal from winger Tom ADAMS.

This triggered a real response from the Insch side, who went on to dominate the remainder of the game in very testing wind conditions.

Scott’s goal came under siege from an energetic Insch front line, resulting in a disappointing final score of 4-9 against.