Three wins from four for Colony on Sunday

COLONY Park U15s were at home to old rivals Deveronvale in the Belmont Trophy on Sunday. Colony started brightly and looked comfortable in possession, but it was near the end of the first half when they got the better of the Deveronvale defence.

From the left side of the box Ben Duncan passed into Craig Mackie who laid it back to DUNCAN to hit a powerful shot off the keeper and in.

The goal lifted Colony and they got a well deserved second on 36 minutes when a fantastic passing move involving five players saw Tommy LINTON break into the box and score.

Colony were on top but a lapse of concentration allowed Deveronvale to sneak a goal almost straight from the kick off. 2-1 half time.

However Colony didn’t panic and kept their passing game going and were rewarded soon after when Dale Rennie slipped the ball through to Ryan Harper and he fed it into the box where LINTON came in late and slotted it past the keeper.

Only one minute later Colony were awarded a penalty when Harper was felled in the box after a neat one-two and LINTON stepped up to get his hat trick from the spot.

Colony spent the next 25 minutes trying to get another goal as Deveronvale piled on the pressure, and with a few minutes left Deveronvale got their third, but Colony held on to win 4-3.

The Under 14s met Newtonhill BC in the first round of the SR Wood trophy and took an early lead after 10 minutes when Sam ROBERTSON broke down the right wing and fired his shot past the Newtonhill keeper.

The second followed shortly after when Finlay WATSON pounced on a cross ball that eluded the keeper and he prodded home from close range.

With 20 minutes played, Newtonhill got a well worked goal back to make it 2-1.

With a few minutes remaining in the first half, Sam ROBERTSON scored his second to make the half time score 3-1.

The second half continued in a similar manner to the first with Colony looking the stronger team, but Newtonhill were also playing some nice football in spells.

The next goal came for Colony when the ball was laid back to Stewart MOIR who struck a low accurate shot from about 25 yards out, and it just sneaked inside via the far post.

Newtonhill then scored their second goal to make it 4-2 when a well struck shot from outside the box dipped into the net.

Sam ROBERTSON completed his hat-trick to restore the three goal difference and there were further goals from Finlay WATSON and Ewan COLLIE but the pick of the bunch came when Bradley Yates played in a great cross from the right wing to find Craig SCOTT who managed to steer his volley past the keeper with an outstretched left foot to make the final score Colony Park 8 Newtonhill 2.

Colony Park U13s hosted Fraserburgh at Davidson Park and Colony started the match immediately on the attack and within two minutes went into the lead through Adam SMITH.

Colony continued to push Fraserburgh back into their own half and deservedly got a second goal from a well worked corner when Smith crossed to the front post for Alix CHEYNE to rise and head powerfully into the net. A third was scored before half time from Stuart SIMMOND to give colony a well deserved 3-0 lead at the break.

Colony started the second half as they did the first and continued to press the Broch back into their own half.

Another seven goals were scored with Adam SMITH grabbing another two to claim his hat-trick, Callum SEYMOUR also getting a well deserved hat-trick, singles from Rian WILSON and Lewis BEATTIE and the last was a 25 yard strike into the top corner from Callum JONES.

One negative was allowing Fraserburgh to grab a consolation goal in the second half when the Colony defence were caught square. A special mention to Dylan Faskin with another great penalty save in the last minute of the match.

This was another well disciplined and organised performance from the boys with all contributing to another good victory to keep the winning start to their league campaign going.

The Under 13 Colts followed up last weeks encouraging display with a well contested match in Aulton however the team were left frustrated after losing 5-3 to Dee BC in a game they largely dominated.

Colts took an early lead through Aaron BOWIE bending a free kick over the keeper. Dee got back into the game and finished the half strongly, scoring three goals with Scott BEVERLEY keeping Colts close behind at the interval.

Despite losing two early goals Colts went on to totally dominate the second half. Aaron BOWIE got his second with a flashing drive across the keeper then hit the bar with a free kick, one of five occasions that Colts hit the woodwork.

A good display from the Colony team, despite the chances not being put away. This weekend the Park and Colts face each other at Davidson Park with the Colts short of players as the school holiday fortnight starts.