Two wins from two for Colony Park Juniors in Superleague

editorial image

Colony Park juniors won their second Superleague match with a 4-2 victory away to Banchory St Ternan.

Colony’s first attack came five minutes into the match when McKay crossed well from the right, almost finding Roddie but the Banchory keeper intercepted the ball.

A minute later Ness found Strachan with a through-ball and the striker beat the defence before putting his shot into a side netting.

A long ball from Bonarius was picked up by Roddie who drove towards goal and hit a shot into the side net.

Colony took the lead on 17 minutes from a corner where Graham headed the ball on to the bar and from the rebound Jack STRACHAN turned and placed the ball into the Banchory net.

Four minutes later Banchory had the ball in the net but the referee had blown for a penalty kick before the ball was placed into the net.

From the penalty St Ternan equalised to make it 1-1 after 20 minutes.

Following two quick corners in succession on 22 minutes Craig ROSS headed superbly at the near post finding the net.

Following a goalmouth scramble, when shots from Strachan and McKay were blocked, the Banchory defence cleared the ball to Steven CRAIB who hit a tremendous shot from 25 yards into the top corner of the Banchory net, making it 3-1.

Through to the interval the match became a much tighter contest until, almost on half time, Banchory scored a second to make it 3-2.

The Colony defence lost the ball just outside their penalty area and it was played across to a Banchory player in space and he drove it into the corner of the net.

Colony almost added a fourth in 59 minutes when, from a corner, McKay’s goal -bound shot was cleared off the line.

However, three minutes later the away team did score when ROSS headed in at the far post from a Roddie corner giving Colony a 4-2 lead.

Colony had a chance in 68 minutes when McKay had an empty net in from to him but the Banchory defender manage to divert the ball from his foot as he was away to score.

Strachan almost added a fifth goal when he hit a great shot only for it to strike the bar.

Both teams continued to work hard on a warm afternoon through to the end of the match with no further chances for either team leaving Colony Park 4-2 winners.