U17s knock holders out of cup

Colony Park U19s had home advantage against Huntly in an A league contest. Colony took the lead when Addison flicked on to MACDONALD’S head for the opening goal.

A sweeping move from and a great ball into the box from Allan let MACDONALD grab a great second and then a solo effort from ALLAN made it 3-0 at half time.

Huntly came out and shocked Colony in the second half when a soft free-kick which was swept home to make it 3-1.

Colony then put another sweeping move together and ALLAN grabbed his second as Colony hit back.

Although not the best performance Colony continue their unbeaten run and now need to build on and learn from these early A league games.

The Under 17s were on Association cup duty and they travelled determined to make amends for their heavy defeat to Albion just a few weeks ago. Early signs were not good as Albion took an early lead. With around 30 minutes gone Albion stretched their lead to 3-0 with two goals in as many minutes.

Colony gave themselves a lifeline when Grant DAWSON headed home a free kick before the break. Into the second half and after good possession the ball broke to Darren SMITH to find the net.

Albion, clearly rattled, soon found themselves down to ten men. Grant Dawson then over hit a pass into the Albion area and astonishingly the keeper let it slip under his foot for 3- 3 and extra time.

After a goalless first period things came to life as Colony were also reduced to 10 men. But it was to be Colony’s day with 10 minutes left SMITH burst into the box and finished well to seal a memorable win against the current Scottish Cup holders.

For the second week in a row the Under 17 Colts were on cup duty against A league opposition Maud Turriff. They got off to a bad start when they went a goal down in the first five minutes. Midway through the half, the Colts equalised through Jake STEWART and the prolific striker soon made no mistake again to leave the half-time score 2-1.

Into the second half and the visitors found a goal to level. A defensive mistake and a mishit put the visitors 4-2 up.

With six minutes to go, Jake STEWART completed his hat-trick with a fantastic turn and drive from outside the box. With 2 minutes left, Ryan RAE headed in at the back post to force extra-time.

Extra time was less exciting until with three minutes to go, Colony went to sleep from a free kick which was headed in unmarked at the back post just as penalties loomed.

The U17 Lads Team were up against an in-form Banchory side and on the wrong end of a 15-1 scoreline. Manager Corrie Imrie’s honest assessment of the match ended “Banchory are a very good side and played us off the park!”

Colony Park U16s were at home to Glentanar in the League.

It was 22 minutes in before the deadlock was broken. Gerard had a shot blocked by the keeper who then fouled the Colony forward and GERRARD stepped up himself to convert the penalty. With their tails up, Colony bombarded the visitors and it was no surprise when Tom WILLIAMS stabbed home a second from on the half hour mark. GERRARD grabbed a third goal before the interval bulleting a header high into the net. Ross CAMPBELL sealed the victory with a powerful shot ten minutes from the end.

A wet and windy day saw the U16 Colts pitted against a strong Fraserburgh team at James Ramsay Park. On the 11 minute mark Daniel Watt was brought down on the edge of the box for a free kick and he stepped up to swing a cross in to the back post for Craig HAY to nod the ball in.

One minute into the second half and Walls could do nothing to prevent Fraserburgh taking the lead and against the run of play Fraserburgh run the length of the pitch to it 3-1.

With twelve minutes remaining a great through ball by Daniel Watt found Conor BOLDA one on one with the keeper and he kept his cool to smash the ball into the top left corner.

Two minutes later and great pressure from Greg Center saw a shot saved by the Fraserburgh keeper but Liam RODDIE followed up to knock the ball home. The Colts held on for a hard worked and well deserved draw.