Colony Park weekend round-up

Colony Colts 19s hosted Echt at Davidson Park and went down by 5-0 in the league.

Byron were the opposition for Colony Park U17s who quickly found themselves two goals behind.

The Park looked a shade off their game but still managed to stage a recovery before half time with a goal from Marshall and then a penalty from Donaldson.

Colony then took the lead with a Green effort but Byron looked the hungrier side and finished strongly scoring two goals to seal victory.

Colony Park U16s faced Echt at Strathburn Park on Saturday with the Inverurie side going one down after ten minutes.

The Park weren’t behind for long though with Naysmith producing the equaliser.

With almost had an hour gone Colony took a deserved lead this time MacGregor sending Colony ahead but Echt pulled level just before half time .

Colony found themselves behind for the second time in the match. With ten minutes remaining Cowie scored to make it 3-3.

Colony Park U15s met Lewis United in Round Three of the Stonehaven Youth Trophy at Davidson Park. The visitors were rewarded with penalty in the opening period and the lead gave Lewis the impetus to take the game to Colony.

In the second half Colony pushed United back into their own half for long periods and Dalmon restored parity with a fierce shot on the left beating the keeper at the post.

It was on the 35 minute mark when a ball played forward to Dalmon, marked closely by the visiting centre back was well controlled and a roll of the shoulder took him clear into the box and he struck another fine shot to give Colony a deserved lead.

Colony looked home and dry but in the dying minutes some poor defending gifted United an equaliser and despite a chance at both ends thereafter it ended 2-2.

In extra time Colony lost two soft goals and had to concede defeat.

For the third week in succession Colony Colts 15s were up against local rivals Formartine.

The final result was a repeat of last weekend with Jamie Reid scoring and a brace from Euan Clark and an own goal from the home side producing another 4-1 scoreline in favour of the Colts

Colony Park U13s started very scrappy in a match which saw Culter Colts go ahead through an in-direct free kick in the Colony box. Park battled away and got their reward with a neat finish from William Hutcheson.

Park doubled their lead shortly after when Andre Simmond met a corner with a thundering header.

Next to try his luck from distance was Ben Pratt whose looping shot had the Culter keeper well beaten and ensured Park went into the interval 3-1 to the good.

In the second half Park responded and hit the woodwork themselves before William Hutcheson rounded off the scoring with another great effort.

Colony 13 Colts were always going to be up against it against a Glentanar team unbeaten in the league so far and it took a combination of good defending and good goalkeeping to keep the score down to 2-0 at half time.

The game ran away from Colts early in the second half when the pace and power of the visitors proved too much for the boys and seven more goals were conceded.